We’re Going Back 2015
30th Anniversary Fan Celebration of Back to the Future
Held in the Los Angeles, California area
from Wednesday, October 21 – Sunday, October 25th.
Below, you will find a quick breakdown of daily events, that will updated frequently.
All Temporal Events below are included in the “Complete Experience” General Admission. On the day of each event, there will be limited VIP experiences available. These will be announced each day on the day of the event, and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Example : in 2010 we drove a DeLorean down the train tracks from Part III, we will offer the ability to ride inside the DeLorean down the train tracks.
As many of you may or may not know, WereGoingBack.com was the brainchild of BTTF super fan, Ken Kapalowski and his time traveling friend, Joe Walser (Head of the DeLorean Time Machine Restoration Project). With the help of other massive BTTF fans, and the cooperation of the BTTF community, including cast and crew, they were able to organize this event for the fans… by the fans, with the proceeds raised donated to Team Fox.
Organizing an event of this magnitude is not an easy task, and there is a lot of pressure on us to not only take you BACK again, but to do it bigger and better than we did it before! It‘s 2015, after all – the future has arrived, and you’re about to embark on another historic journey through time!
Set your time circuits for October 21st-25th 2015, Hill Valley, California (the Los Angeles area) and get ready to become a part of Back to the Future history!
2015 TEMPORAL EVENTS …
As usual, all events, locations and attending celebrities depend on their availability, and are subject to change without notice. Don’t worry, though, we have backup plans… and backup plans for those backup plans. (If Doc taught us anything its to be prepared for any situation!) The descriptions for our 2015 events are intentionally vague, just like they were back in 2010. This helps everyone enjoy the event as it unfolds, without knowing too much about their own futures and endangering their very existence!
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 “A Future Experience / BTTF 2 Screening”
- Custom tour of the Universal Backlot
- Admission to Universal Studios HollywoodSM with Front of the Line Passes
- Enjoy a Screening of Back to the Future, Part II – with surprises!
- Exclusive World Premiere Screening of the documentary “Out Of Time: Saving the DeLorean Time Machine”
- See the Fully Restored, Screen-Used, Hero “A” DeLorean Time Machine from the Back to the Future trilogy!
- Lunch & Dinner will be provided.
Thursday, October 22, 2015 “Hill Valley Live! Hoverboarding Day: Redux / BTTF 3 Screening”
- A secret location 1 hour north of Burbank will be transformed into Hill Valley
- Exclusive World Premiere Screening of the documentary “Back in Time”
- Actually ride on a Hoverboard with the gang! The original gang members are back, along with the original hoverboarding stunt team – this time with a much bigger rig!
- There will presentations, hands-on demonstrations and many opportunities to get celebrity photos and autographs!
- Later in the day, enjoy an evening under the stars with an Old West style BBQ dinner and a Screening of Back to the Future, Part III – of course with more surprises!
Friday, October 23, 2015 “Filming Locations Tour: Redux / Doc Brown’s Cosplay Ball & Costume Contest”
- We’re taking you BACK to all of the best filming locations from the Back to the Future Trilogy – with a few more surprises!
- Grab a Whopper at the Burger King filming location, next to Docs Lab!
- Then in the evening, embrace the future (or the past) in your BEST Back to the Future costumes! There will be fantastic prizes – and even more surprises!
Saturday, October 24, 2015 “Enchantment Under The Sea Dance: Redux” featuring “The Flux Capacitors” 80’s Band!
- Once-in-a-lifetime Celebrity Auction of Back to the Future Screen Used props, memorabilia and collectables!
- We are BACK at the original filming location (United Methodist Church in Hollywood) for an even more epic recreation of the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance – you guessed it, with surprises!
- There will be many opportunities to get celebrity photos and autographs, and if they’re game – ask them to dance!
- Hors D’Oeuvres and Free Food Trucks!
Sunday, October 25, 2015 “Back to the Future Film School / BTTF Screening @ Puente Hills Mall”
- Think you’ve heard everything there is to know about the making Back to the Future? Think again! Original cast and crew will be your professors for the day!
- Original props will be on display along with never before seen production photos!
- After school, return to the scene of the Libyan attack for the final public screening of Back to the Future, Part 1 at Twin Pines Mall – with a couple more surprises!