TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WereGoingBack.com 2015 / WGB is organized by and under the sole responsibility of 2464779 ONTARIO INC. Ontario Corporation Number 002464779.
Kenneth Michael Kapalowski, Joe Walser and any other individuals involved with WereGoingBack.com / WGB operate solely as employees of 2464779 ONTARIO INC. and not as individuals.
Please note that venues and order of execution of events may change. Cast and Crew subject to availability. All attendees / guests / invitees of all events, gatherings, and the like of WereGoingBack.com 2015 (2464779 ONTARIO INC. Ontario Corporation Number 002464779) agree to hold harmless of organizers. You and/or any of your invitees are participating in this event AT YOUR OWN RISK. Organizers, venues and all parties involved will not be held liable for any loss of any type. You and/or your invitee are participating in this event at your own risk. If you and/or your invitees do not agree to these terms and conditions in full, you and/or your invitees will not be permitted to participate.
Agreeing to this policy you and/or your invitees consent to all terms and conditions. If you and/or your invitees do not agree to these terms and conditions in full, you and/or your invitees will not be permitted to participate.
HOW DO I MEET A CELEBRITY?
• Most guests have policies where they charge for photographs with them. Some may respectfully request a fee be paid before taking a picture.
• All celebrities have a cost associated to their autograph. Most artist guests do not charge for autographs, however, there are some that may. Each guest sets his/her own price for autographs and photos at the table. You may purchase as many signatures or pictures as you are willing to pay for (possibly limited by how large the remaining line is behind you, of course).
• Autographs can be purchased at (weregoingback.com/store) and/or at the actual booth where the autographs are being done. The celebrity will usually have a guest liaison that will take care of the monetary transaction.
• Autographs can only be purchased with cash.
• You can bring your own items to autograph. However, it is up to the guest to accept or refuse to sign a given item. Guests will usually refuse to sign any bootlegged material.
WHAT IS YOUR POLICY ON HARASSMENT?
• We’re Going Back is a safe place for fans to interact with each other, their favourite celebrities, artists, and more. This means we expect it to be a safe environment for fans from any ethnicity, creed, religious background, political background, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, sexual orientation, fandom, etc. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
• We’re Going Back does not tolerate physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers. Harassment can take many forms. It may be, but is not limited to, words, signs, offensive jokes, cartoons, pictures, posters, pranks, intimidation, physical assaults or contact, or violence. This includes comments and statements made via email, on websites or any of our social networks.
• Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing attendees and other parts of the convention, should this photography become harassing or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to the above harassment policy. If it is determined – either by observation or by complaint – that an individual or group has harassed another attendee, any or all of the following things may occur. That individual or group may be: warned to cease and desist, asked to leave the convention, or banned from the convention for a period of time to be determined by the staff.
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL RULES OF WE’RE GOING BACK?
• If you aren’t allowed to do it outside of the convention, it isn’t allowed at the convention. We’re Going Back strives to create an environment which caters to the fan community, but would like to remind attendees that they are still expected to be law abiding and responsible. Attendees who violate these rules may be subject to expulsion from the convention without refund, and may be banned from attending again in subsequent years.
• All We’re Going Back attendees, guests, vendors, staff, and volunteers are expected to interact in a respectable and positive manner. We are all here to have a great time, so please use common sense and be courteous.
• We are looking to provide a safe, secure, and pleasant family environment, these activities are not allowed at the We’re Going Back: engaging in disruptive and unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers. Physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers. Any activities deemed to be nuisances to the convention or the convention premises, including excessive noise or behaviour considered generally disruptive. Any act which could result in substantial risk or harm to people or property. Sexual misconduct, such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment. Laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or similar devices, may not be used in public, unless you are officially sanctioned to lead or present a convention seminar, workshop, display, or other convention-sanctioned event in which a laser is needed.
• Any literature distribution without prior permission of the We’re Going Back.
• In the interest of respecting the rights of people who want to be left alone, the following behaviours are considered unacceptable without prior consent of the recipient: hugging, groping, back-slapping, kissing or other unwanted physical contact. This also includes unwanted advances or other similar forms of behaviour considered to be harassment. All individuals whose actions violate these rules will be asked to stop such actions.
• Any violation of the rules of conduct which involve activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities.
• Cosplay (Costume Play) is highly encouraged, but some restrictions apply: Footwear is required (please do not come barefoot). Costumes that are deemed to be indecently revealing, as well as costumes or props that are deemed to be offensive or otherwise unacceptable by We’re Going Back standards, are prohibited. An attendee who is wearing a costume or carrying a prop that does not meet these requirements may be asked to change into either street clothes or another costume. All large props or any props resembling weapons (including guns, swords, spears, whips, bows, etc.) must be verified by the We’re Going Back staff to ensure they are safe. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the convention without refund. Please refer to our Weapons Policy for more detail.
• Please ask our convention attendees for their permission before taking their photograph. If they say no, please do not take a photo of them anyway. Please ask parent, guardian, or chaperone for permission to take a minor’s photo and let them know where the photo will be located. If they say no, please respect their wishes. Photography and recordings may be permitted during workshops, panels, and guest sessions at the discretion of the host(s)/artists involved.
• Photography of merchandise in an exhibitor’s booth is prohibited, unless you’ve obtained consent from the exhibitor. WGB also reserves the right to prohibit photography and/or videotaping of any event or area. WGB staff may review and/or demand deletion of any unauthorized photographs or video recordings.
WE’RE GOING BACK COSTUME WEAPONS POLICY
No functional weapons are allowed. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
• All costume weapons must conform to State and Federal law.
• Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
• Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn.
• After each person’s costume weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by the staff, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your weapons have been checked.
• Security will escort you to the Weapons Check Desk for inspection if your costume weapon is not tagged. If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, of if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons.
HELPFUL HINTS & TIPS
• Upon entry, tickets will be replaced by a wristband.
• Wristbands must not be tampered or removed and must be worn and visible for the duration of the convention.
• All listed prices are stated in American dollars.
• Most guests charge a fees for autographs or photos.
• We’re Going Back reserves the right to alter or change the schedule, without prior notification. Refunds will not be issued should the program be altered, if programming is removed or added, including if a particular guest does not appear.
• All events have limited seating capacities and are offered on a first come, first served basis.
• All personal information created, held or collected by the We’re Going Back is protected under the federal Privacy Act. Personal information is not disclosed to anyone except to the We’re Going Back employees who need the information to carry out their responsibilities.
• Recording/Filming/Photography – By entering the public spaces of the We’re Going Back, ticket holders consent to being recorded, filmed or photographed, be it for broadcast television, closed-circuit television, that may be used for promotional and/or commercial purposes by We’re Going Back, a news program, a documentary, and/or a film/television production.
• Attendees are also expected to take proper measures to maintain a clean environment and dispose of any food or drink (including packaging) related garbage properly when they are done. Attendees who cause damage or are otherwise abusive of their food and drink privileges may be expelled from the convention.
• Bring cash.
• Stay hydrated! There will be lots of walking and standing!
• Wear comfortable shoes. We highly recommend you wear some comfortable, clean clothes and a nice pair of shoes with excellent cushioning.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN!
What are VIP experiences?
On the day of each event, there will be limited VIP experiences available at an ADDITIONAL COST. These will be announced each day on the day of the event, and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Example : in 2010 we drove a DeLorean down the train tracks from Part III, we will offer the ability to ride inside the DeLorean down the train tracks.
What various activities are planned for October 21? Will I be able to visit the Courthouse Square at 4:29 pm? Is the Courthouse being redesigned to resemble the futuristic sets from BTTF Part II?
Universal Studios is a live working studio, we will not be able to confirm until 30 days before the event actually takes place if we will be able to see Courthouse Square
I can’t afford to pay for the 5 day event, so will there be any free admission event like last time at the mall?
October 22 Evening we are planning a free screening of Back to the Future Part 3
October 25 Evening we are planning a free screening of Back to the Future Part 1
Can I just attend the event on October 21 and what will that cost me? Is it possible to book tickets now only for the Gala dance?
We are limited on the number of guests allowed to attend certain venues. Check back closer to the event and we will offer any extra tickets for any space that we may be able to secure at the venue.
Can you list the names of celebrities who will be attending the event? Will Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd be attending WGB 2015?
As we confirm more cast and crew that will be attending we will update our webpage. We cannot promise anybody will be there, but depending on their schedules we plan on having : weregoingback.com/guests
Will the listed celebrities be available on all days or only on selected days? Can you confirm the dates?
Certain cast and crew will make appearances on certain dates. Once confirmed we will update the webpage.
Will Tom Wilson attend the event and will he sign my BTTF merchandise?
We want this to happen as well, but have to say PROBABLY NOT, but we’re trying!
Is Crispin Glover attending? I want my photo taken with him along with Jeffrey Weissman, together in the same photo. Is that possible?
We want this to happen as well, but have to say PROBABLY NOT, but we’re trying!
Will Elisabeth Shue attend the event? Can I have my picture taken with her and Claudia Wells standing together?
Maybe, but you might cause a tear in the space time continuum!
Can we get autographs and photos taken with the cast and crew? Do we have to pay extra for it?
Autographs and Pictures will have an additional fee that will vary from each cast and crew member. These fees will range from $20-$100 each.
The cost of the ticket is already high, why aren’t the autograph and photo charges already included in the ticket price?
The cast and crew are donating their time to appear at our event. All the money we raise from ticket sales goes to pay for putting the event on, with the remaining balance donated to Team Fox (The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research). Any money for pictures and autographs with the talent is to help compensate them for their donated time.
Will be there be a DeLorean Time Machine available, so I can sit inside and have my picture taken?
There will be MANY DeLorean Time Machines available at the event. The official DeLoreans brought by WGB will be available for photos OUTSIDE of the car. Certain events will provide opportunities to make an additional contribution to Team Fox for an exclusive interaction with the Time Machine. Details to follow
Will there be daily transportation to the different venues of the event and will there be pick up and drop from the hotel?
Yes shuttle service will be included for any WGB guest with a wristband, to and from the venues from the hotels listed on our event webpage.
What about food?
Events that take place over the lunch or dinner hours will have food available. Eg. on the locations tour day, we will most definitely be eating at THE Burger King!
I already booked my room in another hotel, can I get pick up/drop from my hotel?
Only the hotels listed on our WGB webpage will offer the shuttle service. (weregoingback.com/location)
Will there be any exclusive merchandise available for purchase at the event? What can we expect? Will there be any prop replicas being sold like the Pepsi Perfect bottle?
Yes, we are working on a few limited run items now, and are releasing them as they are available. Keep checking weregoingback.com/store for the latest offerings!
Will there be a BTTF trilogy screening during one of the days of the event?
Yes, during the week each movie will be screened
Are all the event venues and hotels wheelchair friendly?
Some are , some are not. We recommend to contact the hotels direction to be sure.
Can I bring my kids to the event? Do I have to pay full price of admission for them?
We are able to offer discounts for children. Ages 0-3 are free, and ages 4-9 are half price. Please email [email protected] if you would like to bring children so we can provide you the discount codes.
Do you know if there are any BTTF events planned on the east coast? Why don’t you guys have a WGB event in <insert city name>?
The magic of WGB is being in the actual filming locations of the movie. That can only be done in California. So no … sorry!
Will there be a WGB event in UK or <insert country name>?
The magic of WGB is being in the actual filming locations of the movie. That can only be done in California. So no … sorry again!
I plan to stay in LA for few more days before I leave US, can you suggest any other activities and venues worth attending?
Lots to do in LA, but we have been cramming our days pretty full.
I am staying at another hotel that is NOT on your list of WGB hotels, can I still use the shuttle transportation services?
Yes, as long as you show up at a WGB hotel (weregoingback.com/location) with your WGB wristband on.
How long will each day be?
We are planning FULL 8 hour days for each day of our event. Prepare for BTTF overload (if that is even possible!)
Is there a weight limit for riding a Hoverboard?
We are still working with our riggers to determine the answer to this question, but we anticipate no limit.
Does my Complete Experience or Universal Studios day ticket include admission to the Theme Park?
What is different between a Universal Studios VIP ticket and the WGB Universal Ticket?
The WGB ticket takes guests on a private tram tour of the backlot with a focus on BTTF. Only WGB ticket holders can join on this special tram tour.
I bought an item from the store and the shipping dollars did not charge correctly
We are aware of this problem and have added a store item called “Shipping Dollars” as a workaround. If we determine your order did not complete with shipping, we will be in touch with you to correct this issue.
I have some more questions, where I can contact you guys directly on email?
Fill in the form below
Comments are closed.